The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences machine learning in software engineering MLISE 2021 utility mining workshop at ICDM 2021
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
Ph.D. Research Ideas
Posted by: i201606
Date: December 28, 2021 01:27AM

Hi Professor,
Could you please give me some ideas regarding my Ph.D. (CS)? Actually, I have already done literature on FIM, HUIM Clos-FHUIM, etc with different approaches but unfortunately could not find a remarkable gap (according to Ph.D. research). Please advise.

I have also submitted the paper to "Applied Intelligence" on the topic of "Closed-HUFIM: An Efficient Closed High Utility Frequent Itemsets Mining Algorithm Using Cutoff and Suffix Utility". I know it has a minor contribution but enough to publish the paper but not for research.

Thanks in advance.
Ph.D. (CS) Scholar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ph.D. Research Ideas
Date: January 01, 2022 12:26AM

Good afternoon and happy new year.

1) It is good that you have submitted to Applied Intelligence. I am associate EiC in that journal but did not see your paper yet. Perhaps that I will see it later.

2) For research ideas, I understand. Sometimes it is not easy to find some new ideas. I can maybe give you one or two suggestions. But it is better to discuss this by e-mail otherwise, someone else may take the ideas ;-)

You may send me an e-mail to philfv8 AT yahoo DOT com and tell me what topics you have thought about and I may give you some ideas perhaps.

Best regards,

Re: Ph.D. Research Ideas
Posted by: i201606
Date: January 01, 2022 11:58AM

Thanks for your reponse. Just sent you an email. My email id is i201606@nu.edu.pk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 12:02PM by i201606.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.