The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences machine learning in software engineering MLISE 2021 utility mining workshop at ICDM 2021
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
Association Rules Mining didn't work
Posted by: dqanhtriet
Date: March 16, 2021 05:10PM

Hi all,
Thanks for spmf software, I can do more with my research about Association Rule Hiding, and I've used spmf to mine closed association rules, but it didn't work, atleast with mushroom, retail, accident dataset I downloaded from datasets page. Can you show me the way to do it? It worked with chess dataset.

This is the result of dataset mushroom.
Algorithm is running... (05:54:49 PM)
============= FP-Close v0.96r14 - STATS =============
Transactions count from database : 8416
Max memory usage: 8.153923034667969 mb
Closed frequent itemset count : 0
Total time ~ 99 ms
===================================================
============= ASSOCIATION RULE GENERATION v2.19- STATS =============
Number of association rules generated : 0
Total time ~ 0 ms
===================================================

Thanks for reading.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Association Rules Mining didn't work
Date: March 17, 2021 06:07AM

Hi,

Have you tried lowering the parameters ? (minimum support and minimum confidence?)

The parameter like minimum support must be set to very different values for each datasets.

For example, on some datasets, there might be 0 itemsets for minsup =0.4 while for another dataset, there might be millions of itemsets for minsup =0.9999

The best is to start with a high value and gradually decrease until you find enough rules.

For the minconf parameter, also, dont set it to a very high value. You may try some small value and then increase if you have too many rules.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.