The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
Problem with recreating results from MRCPPS paper for FIFA dataset
Posted by: Neni
Date: October 27, 2020 10:58AM

I need help recreating results from paper "Discovering Rare Correlated Periodic Patterns in Multiple Sequences" (MRCPPS algorithm) for FIFA dataset. I grouped 3 itemsets per transaction and set maxsup=5. For minRa, minBond and maxStd = 0 i have 6 443 patterns found, and in Table 3. of paper it's 21 639 patterns. Am I missing something in database processing or something else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with recreating results from MRCPPS paper for FIFA dataset
Date: October 27, 2020 05:11PM

Hi Neni,

Thanks for your message. I am not sure at the moment. The student who did this paper has graduated a year ago. The FIFA dataset is on the SPMF website as you know. By looking at the code, I think he used these two parameters to group transactions:

// whether convert the transaction database to a sequential database or not
boolean needGroup = false;

// if needGroup = true, how many transactions can be grouped to make a sequence
int groupNum = 0;

Have you tried setting them to set needGroup = true and groupNum = 3 for FIFA? And still the number of patterns is not the same?

Maybe the student also did some other preprocessing step not explained in the paper or maybe he did some mistake when preparing the results... I could try to reach him to ask about it.

Best
Philippe

Posted by: Neni
Date: October 28, 2020 09:18AM

Thank you very much,
This solved the problem. I previously created separate program to group transactions by 3, because in his code he used needGroup=false and I couldn't get the same result. I am trying to recreate his results, so I can write new paper based on his. Thank you very much again, I am very greateful

Date: October 28, 2020 11:27PM

Hi,

I see. Good it works!

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.