The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
Error in generating synthetic dataset documentation
Posted by: Can Yang
Date: September 03, 2020 04:21AM

The documentation about generating synthetic dataset on this page seems to be incorrect:
http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/Generating_synthetic_sequence_database_with_timestamps.php

```
java -jar spmf.jar run Generate_a_sequence_database_with_timestamps no_input_file output.txt 100 1000 3 7
>/home/cyang/workspace/spmf/spmf.jar
An error while trying to run the algorithm. 
 ERROR MESSAGE = java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 

The 1st parameter value of this algorithm 'Transaction count' is of an incorrect type. The provided value is 'output.txt' but it should be of type: Integer.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 

The 1st parameter value of this algorithm 'Transaction count' is of an incorrect type. The provided value is 'output.txt' but it should be of type: Integer.
	at ca.pfv.spmf.gui.CommandProcessor.runAlgorithm(CommandProcessor.java:294)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.gui.Main.processCommandLineArguments(Main.java:128)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.gui.Main.main(Main.java:54)
```

When I remove the option `no_input_file`, it works fine now.

I am not quite sure if the problem is related with old version of spmf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error in generating synthetic dataset documentation
Date: September 03, 2020 10:12AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for reporting this problem in the documentation:-)

It is indeed because the code has changed and it is no longer necessary to indicate that there is no input file. I somehow forgot to update the documentation.

Now it is done!

Thanks!

Philippe

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.