The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences high utility mining workshop
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
motivation for top-k closed high utility itemsets mining
Posted by: solmaz
Date: November 06, 2019 12:01PM

Hello, Prof. Fournier-Viger

I can't find an article on top-k closed high utility itemsets mining. Is this new?

if not, please introduce an article on this. else is there an motivation to mining these itemsets? please help me

regards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: motivation for top-k closed high utility itemsets mining
Date: November 06, 2019 03:29PM

Hi,

Yes, I think there is no paper on that topic by doing a very quick search on Google Scholar.

Yes, I think this would be a useful topic. The motivation of top-k high utility itemset mining is that we dont want to set the min utility threshold and instead we want to find the top k itemsets that yield the highest profit. But these itemsets may contain redundancy... So if you mine the top-k closed high utility itemset, you would find the k most profitable itemsets that are non redundant. I think this is definitely useful.

Now, in terms of challenges, I think that doing top-k closed high utility itemset mining is not so straightforward. So I think it would also be a challenging topic, perhaps, which should thus be interesting.

To do this project, I would suggest to look at:
- the papers on high utility itemset mining, closed high utility itemset mining and top-k high utility itemset mining, and you can find some code in SPMF and datasets.
- the papers bout top-k closed frequent itemset mining... i think there should be some.. so this would give you some ideas about how to combine top-k with itemset mining.

Then you could see how to put all this together.

Best regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.