The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences high utility mining workshop
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
What academic conference will you be attending this summer?
Date: April 21, 2018 10:35PM

Hello all,

Just to start some discussion, what academic conferences are you planning to attend this summer?

Personally, one of my collaborators has submitted a paper to a PAKDD 2018 workshop, and we also have some papers submitted to DEXA, DAWAK, and a paper accepted at IEA AIE 2018. Besides, we have a workshop at KDD 2018 (looking for papers by the way). I may not attend all these conferences, but maybe some of them.

Best,

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2018 10:35PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What academic conference will you be attending this summer?
Posted by: Dang Nguyen
Date: April 22, 2018 03:15PM

Hi Philippe,

I will attend SDM and PAKDD this year. Hope to see you at PAKDD.

Best,
Dang

Date: April 23, 2018 07:45AM

Hi Dang,

That is great. I think SDM should be great. I have never attended it but it is a top conference. For PAKDD, I finally got a workshop paper accepted, so tonight I have applied for the Australian visa and will book an airplane ticket soon! :-) It will be great to see you there! My current plan is to go there for a very short trip, perhaps arriving on the 2nd June and Leaving just after the conference. We can have some time to discuss there :-)

Best,

Philippe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2018 07:54AM by webmasterphilfv.

Posted by: Dang Nguyen
Date: April 23, 2018 04:48PM

A great news! We will catch-up in Melbourne and have a city tour if you like smiling smiley

This year, one of keynote speakers is Bing Liu, a big name in Data mining community. So exciting to attend his talk.

Will see you there.

Date: April 23, 2018 07:03PM

Yes, sure, we could do that. I should make a short trip (perhaps arriving one day before and leaving one day after the conference. But I should take at least one day to visit the city.

Interesting about Bing Liu. I have never met him or attended his talk. Should be good. :-)

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.