======= Postdoctoral researcher position in data mining in China =======
The CIID Center of the Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen campus, China) is looking to hire a postdoctoral researcher to carry research on data mining / big data.
==== Requirements =====
The applicant must have:
- a Ph.D. in computer Science,
- a strong research background in data mining/big data or artificial intelligence,
- demonstrated the ability to publish papers in excellent conferences and/or journals in the field of data mining or artificial intelligence,
- have an interest in the development of data mining algorithms and its applications,
- can come from any country (but if the applicant is Chinese, s/he should hold a Ph.D. from a 211 or 985 university, or from a university abroad).
==== Detailled description =====
The successful applicant will:
- work on a data mining project that could be related to sequences, time series and spatial data, or some other topics related to data mining with both a theoretical part and potentially an applied part (the exact topic will be open for discussion to take advantage of the applicant’s strengths),
- join an excellent research team, led by Prof. Philippe Fournier-Viger, the founder of the popular SPMF data mining library, and have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers from other fields,
- will have the opportunity to work in a laboratory equipped with state of the art equipment (e.g. very expensive workstations, a cluster of severs to carry big data research, GPU servers, virtual reality equipment, body sensors, and much more).
- will be hired for 2 years, at a salary of 171,600 RMB / year ( 51,600 RMB from the university + 120,000 RMB from the city of Shenzhen) . Note that there the post-doctoral researcher will pay no tax on the salary, and that an apartment can be rent at a very low price through the university (around 1500 RMB / month, which saves a lot of money).
- work in one of the top 50 universities in the field of computer science in the world, and one of the top 10 universities in China.
- work in Shenzhen, one of the fastest-growing city in the south of China, with low pollution, warm weather all year, and close to Hong Kong.
==== How to apply? =====
If you are interested by this position, please apply as soon as possible by sending your detailed CV (including a list of publications and references), and a cover letter to Prof. Philippe Fournier-Viger: philfv8 AT yahoo.com It is possible to apply for the year 2018 or 2019.
Philippe Fournier-Viger, Ph.D.,
Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen),
HIT Campus, University Town, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2018 08:51AM by webmasterphilfv.