The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences high utility mining book
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
External Utility / Profit information in the transaction table
Posted by: santhosh
Date: June 29, 2017 11:48PM

I have gone through your EFIM algorithm example in your documentation . In that ,I don't find the any information related to profit (unit price ) of items in the transaction but I found in the paper of EFIM algorithm ,profit information is available in the examples considered . so I like to know how you considered profit information in the spmf release version .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: External Utility / Profit information in the transaction table
Date: June 30, 2017 07:51AM

Hello,

In the article, there are two tables to store two types of information related to items: the unit profits of items and the purchase quantities of items in transactions.

In the implementation, we use a different but equivalent representation. We have only one table for transactions. But in each transaction, we directly store the utility of items. The utility of an item in a transaction is the purchase quantity multiplied by the unit profit. By storing the utility directly in transactions, we don't need to represent the profit table explicity.

This does not change anything to the algorithm.

For more details, you may read the example again in the documentation of SPMF:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/index.php?link=documentation.php#efim

"Third, the symbol ":" appears and is followed by the utility of each item in this transaction (an integer), separated by single spaces."

--> As mentionned there, we directly store the utilities of items in transaction, rather than the purchase quantities. Thus we do not need the profit table.

"Note that the input format is not exactly the same as described in the article. But it is equivalent."

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.