The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences high utility mining book
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
Transaction dataset for classification
Posted by: Dang Nguyen
Date: April 05, 2017 01:51AM

Hi All,

As we know, transaction dataset is often used for frequent itemset mining. However, I'd like to find transaction datasets with labels to perform classification task. For example, the below dataset would be great.
label items
Single pizza, beer, ham
Single coke, bread
Married milk, egg, juice, bread

If you know any real-world dataset like that, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Dang

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Transaction dataset for classification
Date: April 05, 2017 06:39AM

Hi Dang,

You can check the original Foodmart dataset from SQL Server 2000. I think that it contains the labels of items, unlike the Foodmart dataset on the SPMF website which has been transformed and do no contain labels anymore.

Also, I think that the original Chainstore dataset from NU-Mine Bench may have the original labels of items.

So I would suggest to check these two databases.

Best,

Philippe

Posted by: Dang Nguyen
Date: April 05, 2017 10:17PM

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for your kind help. Indeed, I don't need the label (name) of an item (e.g., milk, butter...). The variable I need is the label/class of a transaction.

In my example in the previous post, I want to predict the marriage status of a customer based on his/her list of purchased items.

Best,
Dang

Date: April 05, 2017 10:40PM

Yes, I see. I misunderstood your question by reading too quickly ;-) Maybe that these datasets have some information that could be used as labels... I don't know.

Best,

Philippe

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.