The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data science journal data mining conferences high utility mining book
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
generate MD sequential rules with time window constraint
Posted by: Mima Line
Date: February 16, 2017 12:51AM

Hi SPMF developers

I would like to generate Multidimensional sequential rules with time window constraint.

I was thinking to combine the two concepts my inspiring from SeqDim and TruleGRowth algorithm. But I see that the first one uses prefixspan to generate sequential pattern first whereas TrulGrowth is based on RuleGrowth to generate rules.

Is there any way so I generate MD rules with time window constraint

Best regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: generate MD sequential rules with time window constraint
Date: February 16, 2017 02:03AM

Hello,

That is an interesting idea. It has not been implemented. It would be possible to implement it. But it would require probably a few days of programming. Personally, I currently do not have time to implement this. But if you have time, you could implement it if you are comfortable with Java programming.

Best regards,

Date: February 17, 2017 11:59AM

Hi,

Thank you for the reply

I used to program with Java but I would like to ask if will be easier if I extend SeqDim (PrefixSpan used for extraction of sequential pattern so it support window definition) or add dimension definition to TRuleGrowth?

What i really want is: generate sequential rules based on sequential pattern extracted within a specific window with dimensions presenting contextual information, is their any other way to accomplish this task with other algorithms available in SPMF.Just to notice here, I want that the sequential rules generated are order depend and not like TruleGrowth?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Date: February 20, 2017 07:04PM

Ok. If you want the sequential rules to be order dependent, the only algorithm in SPMF is RuleGen. It will basically takes the sequential patterns found by PrefixSpan and combines them to create rules.

So in that case, what you could do is to apply SeqDim and then modify or adapt rulegen to generate rules from the multidimensional patterns found by SeqDim. Actually, Rulegen is very simple. So it should not be too complicated to adapt it. The difference would be that instead of generating rules using sequential patterns, you would generate rules with rulegen using MD-sequential patterns.

Best,

Philippe

Date: February 28, 2017 12:20AM

Thank you very much for the reply

It was very clear

Best regards

Date: February 28, 2017 05:10AM

Ok glad it is clear.

Best regards.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.