The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences
This forum is about data mining, data science and big data: algorithms, source code, datasets, implementations, optimizations, etc. You are welcome to post call for papers, data mining job ads, link to source code of data mining algorithms or anything else related to data mining. The forum is hosted by P. Fournier-Viger, a data mining researcher. No registration is required to use this forum!.  
skyline itemsets Mining is a Ph.D research topic
Date: January 31, 2017 10:40PM

Hai Sir

I Divvela.Srinivasa Rao Ph.D research scholar.I choose skyline itemsets mining as a research topic.Is it a good research problem sir.Please help me how to choose problem in that area.Please help me sir.Please provide me any material or paper is there.How can u get the data set for implementing it. Any tool is used for implementing.Any source code is avaiable sir regarding this problem.

Thank you sir

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: skyline itemsets Mining is a Ph.D research topic
Date: February 01, 2017 04:38AM

Hello,

It can be a good topic. But it is better if you try to add something new to this topic such as incremental skyline itemset mining or skyline itemset mining in a stream or something else that has not been done before. Or otherwise to propose some new techniques or idea on skyline itemset mining.

You can get the source code of two skyline itemset mining algorithms in the SPMF data mining library:
- SkyMine
- SFUPMinerUEMax, which is faster.
Both of these algorithm are for mining skyline itemsets when considering utility information.

You could do something related to that. Or you could do something different such as skyline uncertain itemset mining etc. But the point is that for a PHD you should make something new that is not trivial. So you have to think about the different possibilities to find something good related to that.

Best,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 04:39AM by webmasterphilfv.

how can u compare SkyMine and SFUPMinerUEMax
Date: February 16, 2017 01:03AM

Hai sir
Sir i want to write a paper on: compare these two algorithms: SkyMine and SFUPMinerUEMax> How can i compare these two algorithms ? Please sent me with detailed explanation .Which tool is required for conducting experiments like running time etc.
How can i know the attributes information from the datasets like chess, foodmart, retail, mushroom datasets.

Comparision between skyline itemset Mining algorithms
Date: February 16, 2017 01:15AM

Hai sir
Sir i want to write a paper on: compare these two algorithms: SkyMine and SFUPMinerUEMax> How can i compare these two algorithms ? Please sent me with detailed explanation .Which tool is required for conducting experiments like running time etc.
How can i know the attributes information from the datasets like chess, foodmart, retail, mushroom datasets.

Re: Comparision between skyline itemset Mining algorithms
Date: February 16, 2017 01:49AM

>How can i compare these two algorithms ?

In general, in patterns mining, algorithms are compared in terms of execution time, memory usage, when the parameters are varied, and in terms of scalability when the number of transactions is varied. If you use the implementation in SPMF, it shows the execution time and memory usage. So you don't need any other tool.

I suggest to check other papers to see how they have done their experiments and to try to do it in the same way.

By the way, I think that in the SFUPMinerUEMax paper, this algorithm may already be compared with SkyMine. If this is the case, then writing another paper about that is not original.

> How can i know the attributes information from the datasets like chess, foodmart, retail, mushroom datasets.

The information about the datasets are published in many papers (number of transactions, items etc.). So you could just copy it from other papers. Or if you want calculate to calculate statictis about datasets by yourself there is a tool "Calculate_stats_for_a_transaction_database" offered in SPMF. However, this tool may perhaps not work on datasets with utility values. So you would need to use the datasets without utility values (on the dataset page of the SPMF website) to use this tool.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.